Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I have to start by saying that I have the best mom in the world!  I am so lucky that I am able to call my mom my best friend.  The past 4 years have been tough living in Las Vegas, while she is still in Wisconsin.  We do talk on the phone almost everyday, although it is not the same when I can't see her.  I would try to go to my folks house once every couple of weeks or at least month when I lived in Milwaukee.  The house was so welcoming with all the windows and doors open to let the natural breeze run through.  I miss that immensely.  Not to mention, the two of them are always on the go keeping up with all the house and yard work.  I wish my husband and I had their intensity and drive.  My parents are definitely something to live up to!
So today I just want to specially thank my mom for everything she has done for me my whole life.  She has raised my brother and I alone through our childhood years when my dad was traveling for work.  She has been there for me through all the good and bad.  She has taken on extra work to get my brother and I through college.  She has supported every decision I've made, or project I've done.  She truly has been the best.  I raise my glass (of milk) to you mom! I love you more than words can describe.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, now I'm going to cry. It was easy to do everything you say with a great daughter like you. Love, KD

    ReplyDelete