Saturday, May 5, 2012

Margarita or Mint Julep?

None! I'm Pregnant remember?!  May 5, 2012...Never thought so much would be going on.  Obviously, today is Cinco de Mayo!  That's the party I want to be at.  Although, this year not being able to drink refreshing margaritas and Dos Equis is a little depressing.  Not to mention that it was those that allowed me to think I can salsa dance.

Today also marks the 138th Kentucky Derby.  Okay - So I don't have much to say about this... I don't wear silly hats, nor have I ever tried a mint julep.  But hey, they all look like they are having a great time!  Not sure if they even are aware of horses racing with their hats in the way and the buzz they've got going on.  The race seems like it would be more of a flash going by before them.  Not enough time to focus!

An event that I can not only take part of, but maybe will actually be a victim of is also happening today.  The Full Moon!  My sister-in-law sent me an article about it this morning and I thought it was too funny, I had to share.  Today is not just any full moon, it is the SUPERMOON!  Which means that this month's full moon is 14 percent bigger and 30 percent brighter than any other full moons this year.  So yes! I can take part in this! I can enjoy the breathtaking views with a water in my hand!
 What's so funny about this?  The article that I was sent:

Fox News: Dr. Manny: Will there be a Supermoon Baby Boom?

He speculates that the moon’s gravity is associated with setting women into labor by rupturing the amniotic sac.  The low barometric pressure causes birth rates to spike.  So just short of 38 weeks....I have my bags packed just in case!
 Although, I'm not sure if it the SUPERMOON this year causing the increase in induced labors.  The article also mentions that uncontrolled stresses may cause this.  Duh!  Remember, I'm sitting here on Cinco de Mayo with no drink in my hand!!!  Talk about mouth watering stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment