Thursday, April 25, 2013

order up > omg grilled cheese

 Let me preface by saying I have never made a grilled cheese sandwich (that I can remember).  I've tried, and failed miserably.  Nowadays, it is one of the only 3 things my husband makes during the year.  I jump for joy everytime he says he will make his ooey-gooey oh so cheesey, avocado, & tomato grilled cheese. 

I met a small group of girls in the past couple of weeks that I now go on weekly park visits with.  I learned of one of their blogs, Rainbow Delicious that is all about grocery lists and meals for the week.  I was so impressed that I decided to try one of the simpler recipes.  That's when I found the Blueberry Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich!!  Patrick was off today, so I thought it would be a nice treat for all of us...

Boy was it ever! I can't believe I made this beautiful creation! 'Oh my god' was overly repeated, echoing from the kitchen.  Hence the omg grilled cheese we have now named it.  Here are my debut pics - giving me courage that maybe I can cook/create, document, and share future recipes/crafts.

Click the above links for the recipes > I did use sourdough bread.  And just like Emily said - Honey is key!

Patrick loved it! Lucy liked it too!

Enjoy!!





5 comments:

  1. Mmmm - you should make one of those for Lucy's nouva! ;) I might try this with blueberry jam...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, not for yiayia. I'm a purist -- nothing but good old Kraft American cheese for me. How blah is that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jam sounds almost better! Any flavor too! I'm trying this next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing! Your pictures captured my favorite part of the grilled cheese--when the cheese melts onto the pan and gets all crispy. And yes, you are a spelling genius to get both of our names right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok that is not a grilled cheese sandwich. That is something else. Remember when mom would make grilled cheese and tomato soup? Now that's a goog cold day meal!

    ReplyDelete