Thursday, May 23, 2013

in the moment > a robin's nest


 I was feeding Lucy her morning cinnamon oatmeal and bananas, when we noticed a robin (normally I point out the large blue birds that hang outside the window).  Lucy stared at it sitting in the tree, flying away, then come back, and again, over and over.  As she was drawn to the birdie flying around, I realized that the '2' of them were building a nest.  Right outside our window!!! We had a great view from the kitchen table - bonus, I got front row right out the kitchen window over the sink!  So we watched from beginning to end this morning the making of a nest, and even cooler watched as the male and female took turns guarding the tree from the fence, as if on lookout.  Both of us were so amazed.  No eggs yet... I definitely will keep you posted and of course have pictures.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment