Saturday, June 15, 2013

my lucy > papouli's gift


Lucy and I made a trip home to Wisconsin this past week.  Finally we arrived along with some good weather! It's been awhile that we didn't have to suffer through a blizzard, tornado winds, rain, fog, or extreme heat and humidity.  We came home to celebrate Lucy's birthday (again) with family and close friends.  Who knew we would be so surprised to receive this as a gift.  This was totally unexpected.  A handmade gift from my awesome dad!  He is so talented in so many ways - especially in his craftsmanship.  This was beyond our wildest imagination! The best part (as mentioned so many times) are the hinges... the extremely slow closing hinges... all to protect our sweet lucy's tiny fingers (see photo above as it glides in thin air)!  I so look up to him that he is able to start with an idea and end with a beautiful creation.  As it is being shipped out to CA, Lucy is waiting ever so patiently to store all her new toys in her very own toy chest. Thank you Papouli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In lieu of Father's Day, I have to say that I love my dad.  We have had a few rough times (...), but there are still those special moments I have with him, whether he knows it or not, that I will remember for a lifetime.  It was really nice seeing him this past week.  I can't say how much emotion went through my body as lucy and I left him at the airport.  After we took our last turn to wave goodbye, yes...I cried.  I'm such a sap.  I Love you so much dad!


No comments:

Post a Comment