Tuesday, December 3, 2013

order up > chicken a la king...with a little help


This time of year is really tough with Patrick working so much.  We missed him at Thanksgiving and wanted to make it up to him by making my all time favorite meal.  This was "the meal" asked specifically on all my birthdays growing up.  So this time, for him, Lucy and I got to it in the kitchen.  A feel good meal for dad :)  Ice cube trays not included...


A few things changed since 1989... Fresh mushrooms are used (closer to 1-2 cups) and more color is added with one green pepper and 1/2 a yellow pepper.  Feel free to add hot sauce on top of final product for some kick.  This just may be the easiest recipe ever....and it will always bring me back to the dinner table growing up.  Maybe it's not about the taste per say, as it is more about the memories.  Glad to make it for my Patrick.  


It's nights like this that make me happy.  Family time is the best time.

1 comment:

  1. You never helped me cook!! Right there makes you a better mother already.

    ReplyDelete