Monday, January 18, 2016

my lucy > It's time to say goodbye...



It's been a long time coming... 3.6 years to be exact.  Her pacifiers have been a huge part of our lives:

Mom (or Dad): "Do you have The Pacifier"?
Dad (or Mom): "No...I thought you had it"!!!! 
One of us: "Where did you last see it"??
And the frantic search would begin... 

She had it while she slept. She had it in the car. She needed it when she was hurt.  We needed it when she cried.  
It hung from every shirt.  It collected dirt on every floor.  It was her comfort. It was her best friend.

Looking at these photos makes my heart melt...I actually kind of miss it.  And her twirling her hair when it was in her mouth was always the sweetest. This video fills my heart (captured in a bottle).  


And then she got older, and the twirls turned into knots.  Along came the dread of combing her hair.  Attempts were always made to save the twisted strands of hair, but eventually the knots were almost always ripped or cut out. We now are left with a very uneven hair style.  Suddenly the unimaginable happened...without her pacifier, the twirling stopped.  

It stopped.

I am so happy there is no more pacifier :)


XOXO

ps. I thought the removal would be a nightmare - but she adjusted over night.  I guess everyone out there telling us it was time to get rid of it was right.  Thank You.

...I predict Theo to be a thumb sucker....

2 comments:

  1. A huge milestone for Lucy....not a baby anymore. :( On to more milestones for her to accomplish, like learning to play hockey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louie, this is beautiful! THIS is a book!! You are so darn good at this and I totally love your blog! I love this memory of her, just taking a step over the line from babyhood. I could look at this all day. I am so happy for her that you were able to document this special part of her young life. You are the best! xo juju

    ReplyDelete