Thursday, August 1, 2013

let's do this > entryway window curtain

This belongs in an amateur sew category really.  But 'Do it Yourself' I did.  The previous owners had a fairly outdated sky blue sheet cut up and hung on multiple windows.  This I realized when I finally looked at the back and read the tag - then saw the awful hem job on the other side.  It was at that moment that I decided I had to do better.  (I really should have taken pics of the hem...)  So here is the Before:

...and my process with a navy linen chosen:


I do wish I had a teacher looking over me to tell me what I can do to better my "technique".  I guess through trial and error....I will just learn my own method...........

and the After!:




 I'm pretty happy with the turnout.  Now onto another home project....I've had my eye on some
removable wallpaper....

3 comments:

  1. Ah, my little homemaker! Who would have thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The difference in appearance a simple curtain change can make! Beautifying our windows lie in the texture, color, and the design of the curtain or blinds we put on them. And yes, Louisa, you did a very great job here!
    Roxie @ Allure Window Treatments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roxie! Upcoming project: Roman Shade for large living room window...Ahhh!!!

      Delete