Friday, October 25, 2013

let's do this > spider web frame

let's preface this with: Yes, I saw this on pinterest. Then I will tell you I did this off memory - which goes to show must not be good...You will see why.  Although I still like the final product. 
....It's more "artsy" as my mom would say.

Pinterest:


Click here to see the 'How To', Which I obviously didn't.

How I did it:



Grabbed an old frame, a white paint sample I had lying around, and paint thinner.. to loosen up the incredibly old paint sample I had lying around.  Thank goodness the painted frame isn't a close up shot, the paint was kinda chunky.  Then grab some twine, yarn, rope, anything you may have and start at it!

This is what I ended up with.  I hung it on the door and realized I forgot to add a spider.  I don't have spiders anywhere I can think, so I glued on a puff! Works for me and Lucy :)



What do you think?!  It's kinda close...I guess..... It looks more like a spider web from the 80's vs an actual spider web... oh boy! Oh, and notice the lovely curtain in the window?!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your Mom in that it is more artsy. Nice twist to the original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I had to stop laughing before I could type something. It looks more like a geometric modern art picture than a spider web -- maybe you should give this a do-over.

    ReplyDelete